Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Movie to avoid

I rented Margot at the Wedding because I'd read such good reviews about it. Unlike Amy, I try to watch movies that get good reviews because I normally see what the reviewer liked about said movie. Anyway, this movie stars Nicole Kidman, Jennifer Jason Leigh, and Jack Black. It had funny, quirky movie written all over it.

It was terrible! Actually painful to watch. It was about a strained relationship between two sisters, and they come together for one sister's wedding. In the review I read, Nicole Kidman was described as sarcastic and cynical, so I thought there would be moments where I might identify with her character since I, too, can be sarcastic and cynical at times. But, no, she was slightly deranged and just plain MEAN. I do not recommend this movie, especially if you are looking for something funny and uplifting. Boo, hiss!

2 comments:

AmyD said...

Touche! But I do like some movies that critics like. I just meant, I tend to avoid high brow movies that critics love. And that's because I have low brow taste in most cases. HA!

Oh, Michael Clayton? It was ok. Clooney was pretty good. But Tilda Swinson winning an Oscar for it? Say what? Don't get it.

Grace said...

Totally agree with the Tilda Swinton statement. In fact, what's with all these weird movies and actors/actresses and Oscar nominations? I used to really like watching the show. But now, everything is so obscure. I've never heard of half the titles or people that are up for the award. What happen to good old classic movies?